a specific substrate to installed in the aquarium filter; this substrate must be as large as possible and suitable to bacteria needs.
The most suitable products are the Sintered Glass Ring.
The sintered glass rings, thanks to their cylindrical hollow and extraordinary porosity, are filter materials with multiple properties, suitable for both mechanical and biological filtration.
• The particular cylindrical form do not hinder the passage of water and promotes the deposition of waste materials that remain in the filter.
• The special treatment of their raw material (the glass is broken up and recast), gives them a unique porosity given by innumerable pores communicating with each other.
• The special structure of holes, together with a suitable wall thickness, offers the ideal conditions for nitrifying bacteria. This ensures the best decomposition of pollutants Ammonium and Nitrite and, with a decreased flow rate of the Nitrate too.
• Each glass ring has a surface area of 1 square meter and 1 liter of product offers an area of almost 300 m2, exploitable for colonization of nitrifying bacteria.
• This gives rise, with a smaller quantity of filter material, more effective and safer filtration (1 liter of product is sufficient for an aquarium of 200 liters).
The material is completely non-toxic and reusable.
Active carbon is one of the most effective filter materials, available for aquarium
care, with its micro-porous structure can hold pollutants, dyes and medicines.
Its effect is rapid: it takes only few hours to turn the aquarium water into pure and crystalline water.
It has both a mechanical filtering action (suspended
particulates are blocked) and a chemical-physical one (dissolved substances are attracted and adsorbed).
Active Carbon is easy and convenient to use because packaged in a special perforated material that allows a more simple than ever utilisation, without dirtying hands.
Active Carbon is available in sizes: 3 pre-measured bags of 100 grams each and in one single bag of 300 grams, suitable for big aquariums.
Rinse in warm water before use.
Active Carbon = mineral carbon in pellet activated by steam - index BET 750 m2 / g
3 bags x 120 g
1 bag x 300 g